Thursday, May 08, 2008

Life Lessons

We just got back from our DC/Philadelphia tour. After hours on trains, planes, and practically every vehicle Toyota makes, I've learned a thing or two...

1. I can't drive and eat a Wendy's cheeseburger. I think I can, but I can't. Next time I decide this might be a good idea (you know, so I can get to my destination that all-important six minutes faster), I might as well just squirt whatever top I'm wearing with mustard and throw it away.

2. I shouldn't eat a cheeseburger from the Amtrak club car. I'm not sure anyone should, but it's too late to be making such sweeping generalizations. Suffice to say that from this point on, I'll take minor hunger pangs over heartburn. Not a tough choice.

3. People are worth it. I've met the most amazing folks this week. From Heidi and Megan in DC, to an anonymous blog friend I'll call "Drinks & Fiddles" I met for coffee when I first got into Philadelphia, to the incredible Paige who was part of the wonderful crowd at the fun girls' night event last night (not to mention my newest blog friend, JP), all the travel and bad cheeseburgers and hours of driving were totally, TOTALLY worth it.

I'm too exhausted to describe it with any sort of clarity, but I'm extra grateful for all of you I'm meeting on this tour. Who knew a frog could lead to such great friends?

Good night, all. Sweet dreams :)

13 comments:

xxxx said...

Soooo glad your trip went well (minus, of course, the squirting mustard :) )

Unknown said...

I'm so happy to hear that you made it back home safely and in one piece:) I'm looking forward to hearing more about Philly. I was thinking about you all day yesterday and today. It was SO great having you here with us. The only bad thing about having you down is that we go into Trish and Steve withdrawal once you leave!!

I love you, sweet friend. ..talk to you soon.

Anonymous said...

I agree with you, don't eat the club car cheeseburgers or the hot dogs or any other food they need to heat up in those microwaves.

Glad to hear your mini-tour went well. Sorry I missed you on your DC leg.

Paige Jennifer said...

This is why I always try and travel with an apple - little spillage risk and always tastier than 'meat' from Amtrak.

It was so great finally meeting you in a three dimensional sense. And the speaking engagement? Awesome. My galpals and I were all aflutter with praise as we tootled off into the night.

Patti said...

cheeseburgers, in general, are hard to eat when not moving....but keep fighting the good fight!

Rachel H. said...

Sounds like you had a great trip! It's so fun to hear about all your adventures and travel!

L Sass said...

What a great trip. Although, I am now a bit hungry for a Wendy's cheeseburger. And fries... I LOVE their fries.

Unknown said...

i got all distracted once i saw the words "wendy's cheeseburger". now i can't concentrate! :)

happy travels and have a great weekend!

Nilsa S. said...

Well, that adventure sounds just fabulous (minus the heartburn and ruined clothes). Makes me want to play with my calendar a bit to meet you next week. Hmmmm...

Barrie said...

I'm so glad you're tour was a success. And thank you for the food tips. :) ribbit!

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

I totally want a cheeseburger...

minus mustard!

You've just determined my Mother's Day food of choice.

Of course, i am slightly hungover too.

Susie said...

Glad you had an awesome tour! I hope it continues to go super well :)

LEstes65 said...

I blame the only fender bender I've perpetrated on McDonalds french fries. When approaching a red light, do NOT look down to grab a fry. I'm just sayin'.