Monday, August 18, 2008

Seven Books in Seven Days

I'll be at a conference here in Cambridge this week, speaking about reading and writing. As I prepared, I thought about the books I've loved over the past year or so and what captivated me about them--some entertained me, some inspired me, one was just so beautifully written that I couldn't stop underlining passages. In the midst of this, I thought, Why not share the love? Why not do a big Trish's Dishes book giveaway?

This gave me a fun excuse to contact some of my favorite authors (each of whom I've accosted with fan-emails before, so they're familiar with my love of their work) and ask, "Would you be up for donating a signed copy of your book to give to my blog friends?" Of course, being gracious and wonderful, they all said yes.

So starting tomorrow, we'll be giving away Seven Books in Seven Days. That's a bit of a misnomer, actually, as I'll also be giving away copies of my book, along with some fun prizes and who knows what all else. Really, what could be better?

(And for those of you who are kind enough to wonder, THAT DOG is healing nicely.)

See you tomorrow!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

i should mention that i love your taste in books. when i first started reading your blog i went to your reading page on your website and put a bunch of those books on my wishlist - i've read a few of them now and have a few more to read. I'm excited to see which ones you'll be giving away :)

hckygrl said...

OH, WOW, count me in! What do I need to do? Trish Ryan trivia? Private chef for a night? Wrap all your Christmas presents? Face off?

Allie said...

What a great idea! Looking forward to it :)

Anonymous said...

Brrrrilliant! (said with a Scottish accent, just because.)

xox

Holiday Living said...

I second your taste in books - after your recommendation, I got Twyla Tharp's book and I am loving it. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Count me in!

Karla Meachem said...

Love books; count me in!
Thanks for an amazing giveaway!

LEstes65 said...

Wish I had known about this earlier. But I'm just starting to get my life back into some semblance of order. Although, looking around my office as I typed that, I see I still have some work to do.

But trying to catch up.