Thursday, February 01, 2007

I wrote a book!

My manuscript has been submitted! (I'm so wiped out that I don't even care that I'm making my big announcement in the passive voice). It was too early to run to the wine store to celebrate, so I toasted the moment with a "Yay, I wrote a whole book!" bowl of toasted oat squares. You'd think that would feel anti-climatic, somehow, but I was pretty hungry...

At some later date, I'll share with you what happens when you realize, the night before your book is due, that you've switched tenses midway through your story and now have 157 pages of sentences that need to be changed by tomorrow... Suffice to say that 3:32am is not my finest writing hour. I am newly appreciative that my days of academic term papers and all-nighters are behind me!

Thank you all for your awesome encouragement. As soon as I wake up from my nap I'll post something more celebratory. Who knows, I might even take a shower and put on real clothes! Woooo Hooo!

11 comments:

Karen said...

Good for you! That's wonderful!

Stacy said...

Congratulations! Have some cyber champagne :)

xxxx said...

That is so exciting! It's a huge accomplishment. And now I'm that much closer to getting to read it!

Nancy French said...

Yyyyaaaaayyyyyy!

Kim Rossi Stagliano said...

Congratulations!
Duck You Ho! (word ver: dkuho)

Alyssa Goodnight said...

Big congratulations, Trish! I would have had a panic attack over that tense situation (no pun intended). But now you've done it!
Relax...

LEstes65 said...

What is all this talk of showers and real clothes! Horrid thought, that. We like the stinky fake clothed Trish. YEAH YOU!! YEAH BOOK THAT IS ONE STEP CLOSER TO BEING IN MY HANDS!!!

Allie said...

Well done! I can't wait until I get to read it. That's an awesome achievement.

Anonymous said...

"Who knows, I might even take a shower and put on real clothes! Woooo Hooo!"

...at which point we will all read a "Woo-hoo!" post on Steve's blog, right? :)

Congratulations, hon, you worked very hard for this! We're all proud of you!

Michelle O'Neil said...

Congrats!

Jenny said...

Congrats!!!