Wednesday, July 02, 2008

A strange thing to hug, but whatever

It doesn't happen often. Usually, as I stroll through our local BB&B or L&T store, pricing towels or bathmats or some sort of device to sharpen knives, I breeze on by the tv/vcr's playing infomercials on a three-minute loop. I just don't get all that excited about "AS SEEN ON TV!"

But then I heard, "Have you ever been embarrassed by shoulder bumps in your clothing? Do you wish you had more room in your closet?" It stopped me cold. Yes, and yes. My closet was a train wreck, and the shoulders of my tops all looked like they were waiting for the giant linebacker pads from the 80s to come back and fill them out. Four minutes later, I was walking out to my car with thirty dollars worth of closet enhancements.

I love these hangers. They make me bizarrely happy. My shoulders are smooth, and a sense of peace and order permeates my closet (I was going to say "has been restored," but that would imply it ever existed...)

I guess everyone needs something about them that's huggable. I'm perplexed to say that for me, it's my hangers...

(And tomorrow on Trish's Unpaid Product Testimonials, I'll tell you about the lip gloss that changed my life!)

11 comments:

L Sass said...

Hilarious! I have to admit, I don't think much about my hangers... but I'm glad you found some that changed your life.

Thanks, AS SEEN ON TV!

Anonymous said...

Until this exact moment I have never thought about my hangers past the "wire hangers = bad hangers"....and now I must rethink everything I've never thought about my closet. :o)

xox

mslizalou said...

I don't use wire hangers, but I've never had too much trouble with the plastic ones. I'll look into the huggable hangers the next time I need new hangers. Glad they are helping you get your closet in order...mine is insane right now, but I'll be off work in a couple of weeks and get everything back in order.

Sarakastic said...

I've always wanted a closet full of matching hangers...someday, someday.

Alyssa Goodnight said...

Can't wait to hear about the lip gloss. I never understood the importance of lip gloss before you!

(p.s. My grandmother used to think the store was Bed, Breakfast, and Beyond. Cracks me up everytime I think of it.)

Paige Jennifer said...

If you were ever wondering what sucker actually bought the workout videos presented in infomercials, you're lookin' at her (cough, three times over). So let's just say you're in good company.

Rachel H. said...

That's pretty cool, and I have never thought about hangers much either. The ones I have do the job, and I'm fine with them. I don't think that they give me shoulder bumps, but I could be oblivious. Haha!

Keri Mikulski said...

I try to stay away from infomercials.. I'm definitely the one that could stay up at all night ordering the makeup, Billy Blank's newest DVD, and knife set. :) Enjoy the hangers.

Allie said...

I would hug my shoe holder-thingy. (I don't know what to call it.) The bottom of my wardrobe used to be a warzone, and now it is, miraculously, TIDY! Hooray! Thank you, shoe-holder-thingy!

Jenny said...

I'm very picky about my hangers for the same reason!

Leslie said...

Hi Trish--I found your blog after reading your book (which I loved by the way and am sending to a friend to read next!) and laughed out loud at this post because I have been obsessed about getting these hangers and kept thinking no one would understand what a difference great hangers would make and everyone would make fun of me for ordering an item off tv--Glad to know I'm not the only one and I'm so going to have to get them!