Monday, February 08, 2010

Fun Relationships Talks...Starting Tonight

Happy Monday!

I'm hosting a FANTABULOUS talk for women here in Greater Boston tonight! It's called A MAZE OF GRACE: CONVERSATIONS ABOUT SPIRITUALITY & RELATIONSHIPS. If you live nearby (or can get to Cambridge by car by 7:30 tonight...) you should join us! Here's what we'll be talking about:

One of the things that has struck me since I started hanging out in Jesus-ey spiritual places is how we tend to divide up our relationships conversations: there are separate events for singles & marrieds, different gatherings for discussing friendship than for talking about work and colleagues... It seems a little silly to me (not to mention socially schizophrenic) I like the idea of being consistent across all my relationships, and I think spirituality has something to offer here. So that's what I'll be talking about tonight--and every 2nd & 4th Monday through the Spring--if you'd like to join me.

Here are the details:

A MAZE OF GRACE: Conversations about Spirituality & Relationships
Ladies: Join Trish Ryan author of He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not: A Memoir of Finding Faith, Love & Happily Ever After, for a series of fun talks about Love, Men, Dating, Friendship, Marriage & Life...

2nd & 4th Mondays of Each Month, beginning February 8, 2010
7:30-8:30pm

Greater Boston Vineyard

Ministry Center Library, 2nd Floor
15 Notre Dame Avenue
Cambridge, MA 02140
(Parking lot accessible via Rindge or Middlesex)

Tonight's topic: Lori Gottlieb's polarizing/inspiring/infuriating/utterly devastating book: MARRY HIM: THE CASE FOR SETTLING FOR MR. GOOD ENOUGH. As you might guess, I have some thoughts... :)

(And if you can't be there tonight, we're hoping to get these talks up on video on YouTube soon...so stay tuned!)

5 comments:

Millie Michael said...

Yes! Please post your thoughts on this book or some youtube videos. I haven't read it; I only read the review from the link you posted, but I'm so interested in hearing a Christian perspective in response!

Swishy said...

Oh my gosh, the mere idea of that book just drives me crazy. CRAZY!

And how fun! I will have to come to one of them ... I also think it is just maddening to split everything up so often. I hope everythin went great (I'm sure it did!)

米色大衣 said...

Since it is the early worm that gets eaten by the bird, sleep late.............................................

消炎 said...

Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time, because then you will not have a leg to stand on.............................................

Megan said...

Trish- What an awesome idea. I wish I was in the area and could attend your event, so please get a video up on youtube when you can.