Saturday, November 25, 2006

From rags to romance in five short days

At approximately 1:39 this morning, it dawned on me that the first draft of my book is due to my agent on December 1st. It is now November 25th, which means that I've got some work to do. I'm writing a happily-ever-after memoir (After James Frey there does seem to be a need for true stories that end well), but right now in my manuscript, the heroine (me) is alone and penniless, having just been dumped by her bankrupt (morally, financially, spiritually - the full gamut of loser) boyfriend.

But never fear! The plan is to have her rescued by the end of today, happy by sometime tomorrow. If only it worked this quickly in real life! Stay tuned :)

5 comments:

LEstes65 said...

I'm on the edge of my SEAT! How will it turn out? Will she make it? Will she ever find true happiness? Will she ever write a book about ME?!

Darlene said...

If only it did ;)

get those fingers typing....how exciting and nerve racking all at the same time.

I wish you luck in meeting your deadline.

xxx darlene

Anonymous said...

How exciting! You're so close! You can do it, Trish. And remember, Starbucks is a sleep-deprived writer's best friend.

(I can't wait to read your memoir.)

Anonymous said...

YIKES!

Jenny said...

Yay, a book! And a memoir! Can't wait to read it :)