Friday, June 05, 2009

It ain't quite like that

Here's a great blog post about how authors wish the publishing process worked. For the record, my parents believe it works this way too, and look at me with genuine perplexity when I try to explain that no, my editor doesn't mind if I spend the afternoon watching back episodes of The Real Housewives of NYC/Orange County/NJ on my "lunch hour" (and might even encourage it if at some later point I write something funny about their romantic escapades).

On a completely unrelated note: I'm visiting my sister now, and before leaving for school this morning, my niece said "I don't want you to go home today, Aunt Trish...all the fun will go with you!"

Love that child. Time to get on a plane before she realizes I'm only fun in 36 hour increments :)

3 comments:

larramiefg said...

Aw, too bad you can't take your niece on that plane too!

hckygrl said...

TRISH! Oh my, John and I are moving because of this VERY SITUATION. Our landlord does not understand "working from home" It's been a painful ride. One scenario included sitting in the basement, under my office, listening to my phone conversations. My favorite revenge tactic is playing sermons from the Cambridge Vineyard while I work, or not:) Yeah, take that nosey people! We gave our notice, we are moving!

LEstes65 said...

It's true. All the fun does go with you!