Monday, August 28, 2006

Weekend update:

First of all, after last weekend’s Yankees debacle, I’m ignoring the Red Sox from here on out. From what I understand, this is a good thing. I caught one comment while changing channels Saturday, where an announcer said, “The Red Sox pitcher was particularly shaken after that last inning, where he gave away that grand slam and two additional runs…” Enough already. Go Pats!

In other fun, we went to a birthday celebration for our friend Paul, who read an amazing story he just had published in Story Quarterly. Hysterical. Really, you haven’t thought about the Noah’s Ark story until you’ve considered it from the perspective of Noah’s daughter-in-law, who (according to Paul’s version) is worried the flood might interfere with her social life, and wants to make sure she packs enough pretty dresses. A girl after my own heart :)
The party was catered by my new best friend Renae, owner of Blonde On The Run Catering. Honestly, I thought my friends were all nice people until I saw what happened when she served that heaping chocolate mountain for dessert. As Rachel Ray would say, Yum-O.

No comments: