Thursday, August 02, 2007

From Massachusetts to Maine, by way of Chicago

Did I mention that before I went to Maine, a friend and I went here?

I'd identify said friend but she was too embarrassed to admit that we were going to see Oprah's digs...She asked the doorman at our hotel, "How do we get to 1735 Washington Street?" (or whatever the address is - I don't remember). He looked at us like we were from mars until I fessed up that we were headed for HARPO.

Anyway, we found O-land, snapped some quick pics to remind us how one really should shower and nap before going out into the world after a long flight, and then we even got kicked out. But that's another story...

:)

9 comments:

xxxx said...

I know it well! I have about 100 pictures about it! Except when I went to visit Oprah, it was snowing in April and they made us wait outside for an hour. Boo. Not fun.

Anonymous said...

Now you HAVE to tell us the getting kicked out of harpo story! the people demand it.

LEstes65 said...

Kicked out? You're my hero. Can't wait to hear about it!

Allie said...

Can't wait to hear the other story!

L Sass said...

Did you see the Big O yourself???

Anonymous said...

Dang it... you leave us hanging... more on that story soon???

Appletini said...

Hey, tell your friend to have no shame... Oprah is awesome :)

j said...

Oprah IS awesome. Definately can't wait to hear the rest of this story.

Alyssa Goodnight said...

Yes, I too would like to hear how you got kicked out of Harpo!

I've never been to Chicago...or Maine. Both are on my list.