Friday, February 22, 2008

BSP

When my book comes out this spring, I'll be going on tour! (It will be just like Janet Jackson or Madonna, I'm quite certain...except without a bus, entourage, light show, or roadies. I'm still negotiating with my publisher about backup dancers; we're not sure group choreography will work in some of the smaller bookstores...)

Yesterday, I received an cool email from a blog friend asking what it might take for me to end up in her part of the country in my travels. My answer? "I'm as good as there!" We're not sure if we can make it happen, but we're working on a plan. Totally fun.

It made me wonder: might there be a way to meet more of our group while I'm out on the road? The blogsphere has been such a great place to ponder questions about about the important things in life (men, relationships, marriage, spirituality, favorite books, the best places to find cute shoes) it would be fun to take those chats live over coffee, wine, and chocolate martinis. We could call it the "No More Frogs" tour, or something...

So here's my thought: As it stands right now, I'll be doing events in Portland, Boston, NYC, (possibly Philadelphia), Washington DC, Chicago, Grand Rapids, and Dallas. If you live in one of these areas and have a group of women (book club, small group, girls night out crew, etc.) that might like to get together while I'm in town, drop me a line at Trishryanonline AT gmail DOT com. I have no idea if this is at all feasible, but it might be!

Addendum: I should have mentioned this before: the reason I'm not currently scheduled for other cities is because we're not that my traveling show (with or without dancers) would generate an audience there. BUT... if you are an audience-generating kind of person and know some readers in your town who would like to have the type of gathering I described above, let me know and I'll bring it up with the powers that be!

Okay, enough about me...What do you have going on this week that's really cool? Did you log 13,000 receipts for your tax docs? Conquer the flu? Prepare a meatloaf for a family of four in a toaster oven? Tell me about it!

30 comments:

j said...

Where's the Minneapolis love? There's a lovely Borders right down the street from my house :)

Jen A. Miller said...

Ugh, don't even remind me of how I haven't even started on my taxes...

My advice would be to contact local bookstores and see if they have regular reading groups. Some might be interested in "meet the author" events where they'll invite their core group of customers. I'm doing this at a bookshop in Ocean City. What a nifty idea!

Beck said...

You have no Canadian dates?

Jess said...

The book tour is so exciting! Good luck!

Hm, excitement in my life has to do with tomorrow being Wedding Dress Shopping Day. We'll see how it goes.

Anonymous said...

I'm available for the back up dancer position when you get to DC. LOL! Good luck with your tour. When you are in DC I'll try to catch you. Will you put your tour dates up on your blog?

blog author said...

You should come on down to Austin...only 3 hours from Dallas, and it's WAAAAY cooler here. plus, we like to read a lot in austin. :)

L Sass said...

NYC! NYC! I am there!

Kristine said...

I'm near DC, too. Glad you're coming to our little town!

Tonya said...

you would have plenty of back of dancers if you came here to LA. :) I haven't finished my PSA yet but I will this weekend, so after that I should feel great!

Anonymous said...

So... I need to find a way to get to Grand Rapids... where is that exactly? I think it's the most western point of your tour, and I will totally make the road trip!

Congrats doll!
xox

Anonymous said...

Umm... so, apparently Portland is farther west than Michigan... looks like I'm heading to the west coast!

xox

Paige Jennifer said...

I'm sorry - 'possibly' Philadelphia? Yeah, you need to fix that.

Tastykakes on me!

Dawn said...

Oooh, I hope you mean Portland, Oregon! Powell's, by chance?

www.carlanddawn.blogspot.com

Patti said...

dallas...so close. if you think 4 hours is close!

Barrie said...

I'm only starting the logging of 13,000 receipts. Yikes.

The planning of your tour sounds very fun. Although I notice you're not headed in my direction at all. :)

Looking very forward to reading your book!!!

Allie said...

I wish I could come and meet you on your tour - although I'm sure I could generate an audience if you wanted to come all the way to New Zealand?!?!

Unknown said...

"It will be just like Janet Jackson or Madonna, I'm quite certain...except without a bus, entourage, light show, or roadies. I'm still negotiating with my publisher about backup dancers" - Too cute.

LEstes65 said...

If you're coming to Dallas and just REFUSE to bring your dancers a smidge further down to Austin, then I'll make the trek up to see you. You're just lucky I have two cousins up there.

What did I do this week? I escaped New England the day before you got hit with all that snow. Yee HA!

I plan to do my taxes tomorrow. We'll see.

swtpmarie said...

My offer still stands for Denver...I'm contemplating joining women's ministry at my church...and you'd be a great reason to get something organized in the Denver area! Along with Fort Collins, etc. :)

Jane said...

PLEASE make a stop in Philadelphia!!!

a&v said...

Congratulations on the book and upcoming tours! I also wish that you could make it further west, but being not so much of an audience-generating type (am more writerly and behind the scenes myself), I'm afraid I wouldn't be good for more than a handful of people. But it seems to me that there'd be a lot of people interested in your book on the left coast, too ... Well, I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Unknown said...

I did actually prepare a meatloaf for dinner tonight, since you mentioned it....but it's not yo' momma's meatloaf....really shouldn't even be called a meatloaf....but it was gooood:) I'll have to make it for you when you come to DC:)!!!!!! I can't wait!!!

So I was thinking, since you can't have backup dancers...how about baton twirlers?!?! They shouldn't take up too much room?! Right?!

Susie said...

I'm in Boston and I am sooo up for seeing you on tour! Do you know where you're going to be speaking yet??

Sooo exciting! I went to grad school for publishing and I loved my publicity classes. Putting a tour together is really difficult!

Stacy said...

Backup dancers? Whoo hoo! I'm so excited for you. This will be such a great experience.

Virginia said...

You get to go on a book tour?! That is amazing. Even if you have to scrap the backup dancers, I am so jealous.

Anonymous said...

Too bad you're not ocming to Orange County or LA - I would love to meet you in person!

Two Date Diva said...

*jumping up and down and waving hands*

Can I be a back-up dancer?!?!? Please, pretty please?!?!?!

Congrats on the tour!

Jenny said...

So glad you are coming to DC - yay!

ramblin' girl said...

It's always as if we don't exist... no one ever stops in Denver, except to go ski. Perhaps you should start a trend?

Anonymous said...

I would love to see you when you're here in DC, and I'd love to promote the event as well. Will be watching your blog for more info