Thursday, October 11, 2007

Boston in January--what could be better?

I just got an email from the rockin Lynette, announcing that she'll be coming back to Boston the third week in January...just in time for my birthday! (Now, she didn't mention my birthday in her email--she said something about coming for business--but I know that's just a cover up for the only REAL reason anyone would brave the New England cold in a season where almost anywhere else on the planet is more hospitable, right?)

It's turning into a bit of a party (as tends to happen when Lynette is in charge of programming) even though I only jest when I say that my survival of another year is the reason for the gathering. Kristen will be here, along with the awesome Alicia (who needs to start a blog). And Jane will be traveling from lands far away to join us. As I was reading Lynette's message, I had a vision of her as the Pied Piper of Blogging, with everyone from our blog rolls following her to Boston so we can all meet in person, drink chocolate martinis and eat tiramisu (maybe I could even learn to spell it). The picture made me smile :)

11 comments:

LEstes65 said...

I'm on the phone with Jane right now and we're laughing about your blog! We feel so impulsive and giddy!

WOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

L Sass said...

Chocolate martinis and tiramisu? Sounds like an ideal birthday to me. I wish I could be in Boston.

Wait... Boston in January? Sounds cold. Brrrrr

Kristen said...

Geez, your birthday celebration was supposed to be a SURPRISE! ;-)

Seriously, I'm so excited that we'll all be together again in just a few months.

And, Lynette and I talked about going to the Vineyard on Sunday, too. I definitely want to see what all the hubbub is about. :-)

Stephanie Kartalopoulos said...

If your birthday really means chocolate martinis and tiramisu, then I AM IN!

I wanna party with The Dishy-Trish! Yeah!!!

Allie said...

If only. I wouldn't mind following the Pied Piper to certain death if it meant tiramisu and Boston.

xxxx said...

You better watch it--you promise chocolate martinis and tiramisu, and you're bound to get all of us there!

Jane said...

Trish,
This is going to be such a great trip to Boston! Yes, Lynette has got to be the most rockin' pied piper of blogging ever. Can't wait to meet you guys and have a chocolate martini together. Look out Boston, here we come.......

Beck said...

That sounds like so much fun!
(and I should get that cd out this weekend! :) )

Stacy said...

I've always wanted to visit Boston, and I'd probably be willing to brave it in January if it meant celebrating your birth. (It can't possibly be any colder than Michigan, right?)

I'm the worst person ever, by the way. I forgot about your book. I finally ordered it off of Amazon on, I think, Wednesday. It should arrive some time next week. Sorry!

Trish Ryan said...

You are all welcome to join us here--there's usually plenty of room in our fair city in the cold & icy months!

And Stacy you are totally not the worst person ever, because my book doesn't come out until April :) You rock for the pre-order, though!

Alyssa Goodnight said...

Sounds like lots of fun--as much fun as you can have with numb fingers and toes. I'm sure you're worth it though! ;)