Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Big Green Fun

We're going to the Celtics game tonight! Now, I'm not too excited about this or anything...except that I totally am. I've only seen them play one other time, and the circumstances were quite different. The Celtics weren't exactly in top form that year (or any form, really). Indeed, they were SO BAD that the president of the venture capital firm where I was temping (the the one the arena was named after at the time) gave away box seats--right at half-court, with the complimentary bar & buffet--to me (his lowly temp) because it was just too painful to watch the Celtics play. (That was the night I learned that even free hot dogs and melon wedges lose their luster when your team is down 103-47).

Tonight, I think things will be different :)

We get to see the great tall men play because our awesome friends are coming in from Michigan, and they invited us to join them. Now, I have to say (and this isn't just the basketball excitement) that I have a bit of a crush on the entire state of Michigan. I've been there twice, and I don't think I've ever met so many nice people. There's no reason or motive to it, but you can feel the niceness, just hanging in the air. It made me want to do things like help old ladies across the street and recycle. Perhaps I'm overstating it a bit, but Michigan seems like the kind of place you could live for a long, long time and never hear people debate the relative merits of soy underwear.

I never dreamed I'd come to define happiness this way, but there you have it.

Well, that and Celtics tickets--Go Green!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay!!! Go Green!!! Have a great time! ...you know, NC is the same way. We southerners are just oozing with niceness...and if you ever want to consider living somewhere a long, long time, other than your current place of residence, which is also quite wonderful in it's own right, we could easily form some sort of commune in the beautiful, open lands of NC.....:) ...I'm just sayin....

Have a great time! We're pulling for the guys tonight!

Steve H said...

watching the Celts as i type this - have fun!

L Sass said...

Plus, people from Michigan are called "Michiganders" which I think is just awesome!!!

LEstes65 said...

Ah the Celtics. Misprounounced as it is, I still love them.

And I agree with Em. Southerners are just oozing with niceness. And they've even got ME being nice now. Go figure. Don't worry - when I visit in January, I'll be sure to be as ascerbic as ever.

But that commune in NC...that sounds very tempting...

Unknown said...

Just throwing this out there as a second grade friend of your hubby...the C's were undefeated at home until you went to the game. I hereby ban you from attending any more games! :)

Trish Ryan said...

Don, you're not wrong. I was banned from the Red Sox this season for exactly this reason. So sad, but I'll sacrifice for my home teams.

Unknown said...

I told Mr. Ryan the same thing. Officially banned. That's ok. Just don't go to any playoff games or Patriot's games either. :)

Nice profile pic BTW.