Monday, December 03, 2007

Weekend update

We had some big, Big, BIG events here this weekend.

First, Saturday was THAT DOG'S birthday! To celebrate, we--being the ultra-cool, yuppie chic people that we are--decided to...forget completely. Yep, there it is. After her twelve years of faithful puppy devotion, I still didn't remember to let so much as a green bean fall to the floor for THAT DOG to enjoy in celebration. Sigh.

There's a chance her birthday could be rescheduled for February, along with Christmas, as that's the month when her adorable eight-week old, four pound self came to live with me and light up my life. We could even reenact that super-fun day when I called the vet hysterical at 7am, looking frantically at the mini-load she'd just deposited on a busy Philadelphia sidewalk, asking, "What does it mean if there are little tan things in her poop?"
"Do you live in an apartment?" the vet asked, a serious tone in her voice.
"Yes..." I admitted.
"Then it probably means she's been eating your rug."

Good times.

What were we doing when we weren't celebrating THAT DOG'S birthday? We were trying out a new toothpaste! Our grocery store had Arm & Hammer Super Whitening, Brightening, Ultra-Enlightening toothpaste on sale, buy-one-get-one-free. (Apparently, the good people at corporate headquarters feel we New Englanders need an extra dose of these qualities as the holidays approach. They might not be wrong.) Steve brought the toothpaste home, and I decided to give it a try. It was quite an experience. Not only did it fizzle in my mouth like pop rocks, but it FOAMED--out of my mouth, down my chin, onto my shirt-- giving me, at the precise moment Steve walked in asking, "How's that new toothpaste?" the appearance of a rabid dog. Sexy!

10 comments:

ramblin' girl said...

Happy Birthday to THAT DOG... she's about a year and a half younger than my TheDog... whose birthday I have forgotten once or twice, too. I figure celebrating every 7th year doesn't make much sense anyway, so any random day will do!

Sarakastic said...

pop rock toothpaste, now there is a good idea

xxxx said...

Happy, happy birthday THAT DOG!

Just tell Steve you were foaming at the mouth for him :)

Michelle and the City said...

hahaha. sexy indeed. i think i may need to pick some up to reel in the men. :)

L Sass said...

That toothpaste sounds a little, um... overzealous?

Hope THAT DOG had a nice birthday!

Kristen said...

Happy Birthday, THAT DOG! May your birthday week be full of warm snuggles from your mom and dad, crunchy biscuit treats, stinky garbage, and other dogs' butts. :-)

Whitening, Brightening, AND Ultra-Enlightening?! Does the tube say anything about Super Foaming Action, too? I gotta try this stuff. My boring toothpaste doesn't do any of those things!

Patti said...

ugh, how i hate foaming anythings...

happy happy day to THAT DOG!

LEstes65 said...

The visual you gave me on both the sidewalk rug poop and you foaming at the mouth will stay with me way longer than it should.

Please tell That Dog that I love her and I would never forget her birthday.

Heidi said...

Hahaha! Fantastic image; pop rock toothepaste. I think you should patent that.

xox

Allie said...

Scary toothpaste! You could almost make a bad movie out of that experience.