Saturday, January 03, 2009

Another way to say: Game On

I just found this gem of a New Year's post on the blog of awesome author, Holly Kennedy. I'll link to it, but I wanted to quote her here in full because it's just so fantabulous:

"Whoop! 2009 is finally here.
A fresh start.
Time to kick away the stool and take some risks.
Time to focus on what's ahead vs. the puddles we may have had to jump in 2008.
If you're a reader, I hope you're in the middle of a gem of a book you didn't see coming.
If you're a writer, I hope the characters you dream up this year make your [work in progress] stand out from the masses.
And for everyone else, I hope 2009 is a year you'll never forget, in the best possible way."

Amen to that!
Time to kick the stool away, friends...happy January :)

(And when you find that gem of a book, let me know...I'm always looking for a new read!)

2 comments:

xxxx said...

Love that!

Happy New Year :)

Susie said...

That was fabulous!

I'm reading "How Proust Can Change Your Life" by Alain Botton and I absolutely LOVE it.