Thursday, January 08, 2009

Important questions, important answers

I'll admit, it never once occurred to me over the course of the 2008 Presidential election to wonder about Sarah Palin's lip color. Which is odd, as I'm someone who wonders about these sorts of things (believing as I do that lip gloss is a gift from God and tangible evidence that he loves us).

But apparently everyone else on the planet was having this discussion, because I found the super-secret lipstick combination in perhaps the least likely of places...page 19 of this week's New Yorker. I'm fairly certain this is the only makeup tip I've ever found in it's austere pages:

"For a full day of wear, cover your (entire) lip with L'Oreal Automatic Lip Pencil in Nudes, soften with a brush or smudge it with your finger, and add a thin coat of Carmex. Top with a swipe of Chanel Glossimer in Giggle, and you are good to go."

Now we know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hm. I had no idea. And I don't know how my life was complete without this vital piece of information.

Sarah Palin - you complete me. ;o)

xox

LEstes65 said...

When I wear makeup (which has been about 7 times total), I usually put on Carmex or Blistex. Then I powder on a light layer of blush over it. Blend with finger and voila - you're good to go.

I miss Sarah's sexy librarian fashion sense.