Alyssa tagged, me! So here, before I take my "Omigosh I finished my first draft" celebratory shower (thanks for your support, all), is everything you never wanted to know about Trish and Christmas:
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate. Egg nog tastes good, but it's essentially fat and egg in a glass. For the holidays, we can do better.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? He wraps them! Carefully! With all kinds of different pretty paper, and none of those gift bags, either :)
3. Coloured lights on tree/house or white? Growing up - colored. This year - white. I could come up with some deep theory on how the white lights represent purity and innocence, or the combination of all the beautiful colors of the rainbow, but it would be a total sham. I just like the white ones better.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? I'm all for the holiday romance - I have the "mistletoe" Yankee Candle, so the scent wafts all over our house. We kiss a lot in December :)
5. When do you put your decorations up? Define "up"? This year they made it as far as the dining room table on the day after Thanksgiving. The tree is naked, but the table looks great. I'm hoping to get to step two sometime before the 25th...
6. What is your favourite holiday dish? Stuffing. Everything should be stuffed - ham, roast beef, eggplant. Christmas is a celebration of carbohydrates in my world.
7. Favourite holiday memory as a child? When Santa brought my first bike. He even knew I'd need training wheels, as he'd noticed that while I'd been very, very good, I was a tad uncoordinated.
8. When did you learn the truth about Santa? You mean, that he'd find a way into our house with the presents even though we didn't have a fire place? First grade.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? I did that once, the year I was SURE I was getting my first bra. It turned out to be long underwear. That taught me to wait.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Gradually.
11. Snow! Love it or dread it? Love it in December. Dread it in March.
12. Can you ice skate? If Steve holds me up, I'm quite fabulous. On my own, not so much.
13. Do you remember your favourite gift? There have been a bunch - pretty much any time you give me a gift, it has the potential to be my favorite! (See #18)
14. What's the most important thing about the holidays for you? Seeing my cute niece and nephew.
15. What is your favourite holiday dessert? PIE!
16. What is your favourite holiday tradition? Um, not to sound obvious, but presents :)
17. What tops your tree? Nothing, yet. By the time we thought to shop for a tree topper last year, all the good ones were gone. I didn't want a demented glowing angel, so we tied a bow on the top branch and called it a day. Hopefully we'll do better this year.
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Okay, I know I'm supposed to say "giving." But come on! I'll be honest - I LOVE receiving presents :)
19. What is your favourite Christmas song? I just heard a new medley of "Joy to the World" which I love.
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? Yuck. Once you've seen a half-eaten one stuck to the back of your dog, it's hard to look at them as food ever again.
There you have it :)
I'm tagging Stacy, Lynette, Swishy, and Jenny.