Monday, May 07, 2007

oh happy day...

Weekend with Sister was spectacular - thank you all for your good wishes! There were chocolate martinis, shopping for bargains (Meg is now officially the best-dressed woman in southern Maine for the seventh year running) and, of course, long conversations on How The World Should Run. (We implemented some new policies immediately; world-wide change should be discernible in about a week.)

Today, the sun is shining, THAT DOG is nestled adorably at the foot of the bed, and I discovered that the writer of one of my FAVORITE movies, How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days - Kristen Buckley - has a memoir out. Reviews indicate that it's: 1.) funny; and 2.) about her childhood, growing up in New Jersey (for those of you who think those two points are redundant, I don't disagree...); it even comes complete with the obligatory Bruce Springsteen-inspired title, "Tramps Like Us." I fell even more in love with Kristen in this great interview (thank you, Gothamist). Honestly, anyone who calls for a city-wide inquiry into why Derek Jeter's hair looks like Kid 'n Play is my kind of girl! (And yes, finding this picture of DJ's work for Avon makes this great morning just that much better :) )

5 comments:

Stacy said...

A great weekend AND a new book to read? You can't beat that.

Holly Kennedy said...

Sounds like you're off to a good start for the week ahead, Trish.
And wow! DJ and Avon? That made me shake my head!!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the summit went well, eagerly awaiting worldwide chance.

xxxx said...

That movie was on USA this weekend! I'll have to check out the book.

Glad you had a good weekend!

Karen said...

Hello Trish! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm a Red Sox fan too. I go to NU.

Your book subtitle seems really interesting, like an informative and witty read. Do you have newsletter to keep people updated? If so, I'd like to be added.

-Karen

p.s. How did you come across my blog?